Innovative approaches to skilling waste and water industry trainers in education for sustainability (EfS)
SESA Project Aims
A three-year project, due for completion early 2015;
- overseen by three professional associations: Australian Water Association, Waste Management Association of Australia, and Australian Association for Environmental Education;
- aims to enhance the skills and capability of trainers in Water and Waste industries to better support their colleagues in responding to the challenges of climate change and a low-carbon economy;
- will provide targeted professional training for those working in the field of sustainability education.
SESA Project Goals
- increase the number of educators for sustainability (i.e. workplace trainers and training providers) in water and waste industries.
- achieve a significant boost to strategies that increase the capacity of these people in planning, delivering and evaluating their environmental sustainability programs and projects