Another great opportunity for people involved in delivering some aspect of Waste and Water Industry training from SESA!
Green Business Audit & Training, Australia’s award winning RTO in the delivery of sustainability education, is proud to bring this 1-day workshop and follow-up webinar to Australia’s Waste and Water Trainers / Educators.
Your presenter Steve Kostoff, has extensive experience in business development, mentoring and education, and a passion for sustainability and the environment. Assisting Steve are Paul Bana, who has a breadth of experience in applied learning programs on strategic planning, sustainability and effective communication, and Caz Saunders who has developed training materials for sustainability education in the workplace. More information about our presenters can be found at www.greenrto.com.au .
This Workshop program moves and supports you through the early understanding and application of sustainability principles, whilst building the business case for sustainability in your organisation/ industry, and identifying solutions for the likely challenges ahead in delivering education in the waste and water sector.
Our dynamic and action-oriented 1-day workshop to be held this time in Melbourne will:
- Help you understand the business case for sustainability and explore the issues, drivers and barriers for your organisation/ industry
- Explore the 7 principles of Education for Sustainability
- Identify how you can promote more effective sustainability education in your organisation and achieve
The follow up webinar, approximately two weeks after the workshop, will give participants the opportunity to:
- Present examples of plans and activities you are developing in line with concepts discussed in the workshop
- Revisit and reflect on the issues and barriers to developing the business case for sustainability in your organisation
- Share feedback and ideas together to enhance learning
Participants are welcome to invite up to 2 additional colleagues from their organisation to participate in the webinar.
Bonus: Coaching & mentoring support for up to 2 weeks after the workshop via email or Skype.
This workshop will deliver learning content that is linked to the following nationally accredited units of competency: –
- VU20302 Apply basic concepts of sustainability to own, or local, practice
- VU20304 Develop business plan for sustainable business practice
- TAESUS501A Analyse and apply sustainability skills to learning programs
For more information on these units go to www.training.gov.au . GBAT can issue a Certificate of Attendance to participants wishing to formally document their Professional Development.
Location in Melbourne: CERES Community Environment Park, Van Raay Centre – Room 4
Cnr Roberts and Stewart Streets, Brunswick East, Vic 3057
Cost: No cost for the first pilot round – all we ask is that you find the time to commit to the workshop and webinar, participate actively and give generously of your ‘frank and fearless’ feedback; so we can learn together. Skilling Educators is funding each participant up to $ 725 (+ GST) for the pilot. Subsequent rounds will involve a co-payment.
Eligibility: Please note: Places are strictly limited. Register early to avoid disappointment
- This offer is only open to people involved in delivering some aspect of Waste and Water Industry training that includes sustainability education and/or community engagement; and grappling with how to achieve the desired changes. We know that ‘Sustainability education is a significant percentage of Water & Waste industry trainer job roles.’
- You may be in Local Government; Water or Waste management and/or processing industries; catchment management; resource recovery; or involved in other community engagement and change programs related to water and or waste issues.
Contact us for more information:
0147 823 497 – Caz Saunders firstname.lastname@example.org
Caz Saunders email@example.com