Dr Jennifer Pearson is the President of the national Australian Association for Environmental Education Inc (AAEE) and the Convenor of the WA Chapter. Dr Pearson will deliver the keynote “Professional development needs of waste and water industry trainers to educate for sustainability” at Flourishing Futures forum in Perth this week. The conference is an event organised by the Western Australian 2014 graduates of the Vocational Graduate Certificate in Education and Training for Sustainability (VGC ETfS) – also known as the Sustainability Champions program.
We spoke to Dr Pearson this week about sustainability education and industry trainers.
SESA Project – Thanks for joining us. What makes professional development work for sustainability? Continue reading
In 2014, SESA will begin Education, Sustainability and Evaluation training opportunities with Waste and Water industry trainers from May onwards for completion by November this year.
We will be piloting and evaluating our progress and achievements. We’re commencing with a series of Sustainability Webinars.
If you are interested in some professional learning opportunities that will be ‘just-in-time’ and ‘just-for-me’ learning please register your interest with SESA Project Manager, Larraine J Larri, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2013 we conducted research and we: Continue reading
As waste and water educators – how can we design and deliver learning programs to make a bigger difference?
Join these webinars to inspire and refine what you do and how you do it. There is also the option of up to 3 follow up coaching sessions (up to 1 hour each) to gain input on your specific situation. These will be available in the three weeks after the last webinar.
The 4 webinars will explore:
- What does ‘sustainability’ actually mean to you and your learners?
- Education about Sustainability (EaS) vs Education for Sustainability (EfS)
- 7 Principles of Education for Sustainability
- Motivating people with different world views and values
- Using the EfS toolkit as a resource
- Case studies of best EfS practice in waste and water education (your own and other sources)
- Using reflective practice and communities of practice to strengthening your education